Head due south from Cajun country and you’ll find yourself in prime fish taco territory. Maximum crunch and an even coating will make for the perfect homemade Mexican treat.
Recipe by Louisiana Fish Fry Products
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. LA Fish Fry Products Fish Taco Sauce, plus more to taste
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. white fish, such as cod or halibut, cut into 1” strips
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 1 (5 oz) box Louisiana Fish Fry Products Air Fryer Fish Seasoned Coating Mix
- cooking spray
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
Combine sour cream, adobo sauce, lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Taste and add more adobo sauce to the preferred spice level. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Set two shallow containers on the work surface. Fill the first container with beaten egg, and add Air Fryer Fish Coating Mix to the second container. Coat fish strips with egg, letting excess drip back into bowl, and then coat completely with seasoned coating mix. Lightly coat air fryer basket with cooking spray and arrange fish in a single layer in a basket, working in batches if necessary. Coat tops of fish with cooking spray and cook 15 minutes, until fish is flaky and crust is golden brown. To serve tacos, divide cabbage evenly between tortillas. Top slaw with fish and avocado and drizzle with adobo sour cream mixture. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.