The spread of Asian carp into the Mississippi River Basin is likely the result of insufficient controls to contain the fish in the ponds when conducting research. The flooding of the 70s and 90s furthered the invasion
by Chef Philippe Parola
4 SilverFin™ Steaks
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 oz Melted, Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 oz Bread Crumbs
Other Seasoning to Taste
- Poach or steam silverfish steaks until fully cooked.
- Break steaks into small pieces and remove bones.
- Place meat into mixing bowl, and add butter, mustard, egg and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs and season to taste.
- Pat into small cakes and dip into egg wash, then roll in seasoned flour.
- Fry 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with beurre blanc or lemon butter sauce.